Friday, June 19, 2009

Format change

After a couple weeks of blogdom I realize that it's really difficult to come up with intresting things to write about that happened to me during the day. I dont think i lead a boring life, by any means, but finding tidbits that not only excited me, but that could also be deemed blogworthy were few and far between. From what i noticed, these blogments (blog moments) or blogcidents (blog incidents) tended to only happen on the weekends and generally revolved around grilling food. I suppose it could be that my focus on grilling was the result of starting a blog at the same time summer started, but I figured what the heck, I'll run with it. So now, I formally welcome you to my new grilling blog. The plan is to post my weekend grilling successes and failures along with recipes, ideas, etc. Basically, I'm just gonna keep posting what I have been, but now I'll be doing it with a little more focus and purpose. I'm still working on coming up with a new name for the blog, because for now I just seem to be stuck on Bri-B-Que. And that's just dumb.
More to come soon....

5 comments:

  1. requests? please start with "grilling 101 for courtney." We went to purchase our first grill this weekend, and really, gas was tempting, but i kept hearing your "2-0" score for the Weber... so we are proud owners of a weber charcoal grill... shame that you can't get a commission....

    ReplyDelete
  2. grilling basics 101. Rule #1: If no one saw you drop the burger on the ground, then it never happened.

    That's awesome about your new grill. Now you can have everyone in amsterdam over for July 4th party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Courtney - you can grill your pizzas!!! Yum. Bri did it once and it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometime you might want to try lump charcoal in the place of briquets. Some of the barbecue experts say that food cooked with it has a better flavor. I'm using a bag of it now, but to be honest food from the grill tastes so good anyway that I don't know that I've noticed any difference. I'd be interested in what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a little reading online about the lump charcoal. I'll have to give it a try. Seems that one the big advantages is that it can burn hotter and is good for getting a grill super hot for searing.

    ReplyDelete