Sunday, June 28, 2009

Roasted Red Peppers

I found an article online about how to make your own fire roasted red peppers and it seemed just too easy pass up. All it takes is grilling up some red peppers (any type of pepper would work) over direct heat. I got the Weber going with a small, but hot fire, and just kept a close eye on things, turning the peppers often. Once the outsides were black and blistered, I removed the peppers and put them in a bowl covered with plastic wrap.



Apparently the trick is to keep them covered for about 15 mins, and let the peppers steam themselves.After they have steamed, the skins just peel right off real easily. I don't know if there's a good way to describe how the kitchen smelled at this point. The best word I can come up with is"mmmmmm".



Once the skin was off, I just halved them, removed the seeds and cut the peppers into strips. Tossed with a light drizzle of EVOO and I've got a tasty snack or topping for sandwiches. (I foresee a grilled chicken and roasted red pepper panini in my future). This will definitely be something I'll be doing again. Other than grilling hot dogs, this may be the easiest grilling I've ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment