Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome to Flavortown



What do you do when the weather doesn't cooperate, or your weekend plans don't allow you to spend a whole day grilling? You go out and buy enough spices, rubs, sauces, and marinades to flavor up a whole barnyard. This should get me through the summer, but I may have to pick up a couple more cedar planks along the way. Everyone always does the cedar plank salmon (and after our tasty salmon a couple weekends ago, I see why), but I really want to explore the cedar plank method a little more. I think a pork tenderloin could do well and I found a recipe for a cedar planked herb chicken that sounds fun too.
I'm checking the weekend weather report often and it looks like this Saturday is going to be a good day to open up the deck and have a little fun with the Weber. I've recently only been using mesquite hardwood for my smoking but luckily I found some apple wood yesterday and I'm looking foward to exploring a new flavor.
This weekend's proposed menu: Apple wood smoked pork tenderloin with a maple glaze.
sidenote: for those who were wondering, I now have about 5 tomatoes developing nicely

3 comments:

  1. Any chance you'll accompany 112 on the boat for Canal Day this Saturday and grill this apple wood smoked pork tenderloin with a maple glaze for us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I first thought I was looking at a store shelf. I think you're ready for the entire summer.
    Congratulations on the tomatoes - Grandad is going to be very jealous when you're eating tomatoes before he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry mark, i'll actually be at the office for a bit saturday, so no Canal Day for me. Besides, I've got grillen to do.
    -
    As for the tomatoes, I'm really surprised how well that plant is doing. I probably needed a bigger pot to put it in.

    ReplyDelete