Monday, August 10, 2009

Blackened Mahi-Mahi



It has been about a month since my last post, which should have given everyone plenty of time to practice their ultimate burger. And even if you had one or two that didn't come out right; well, a bad day on the Weber is still better than most regular days.

Now that my vacation is over I am realizing that the end of summer is closer than you think. It's a thought that quickly vanishes though when you step outside into 90 degree heat with humidity that will make you pass out. This weekend's heat was brutal, and standing over a flaming grill did not seem inviting. I decided this was not the weekend for slow cooking anything. I needed something that grills fast, and is light and flavorful. Mahi-Mahi was the answer.
After a trip to the Newark farmer's market and Captain's Catch Seafood I had everything I needed. I used a recipe online to make my own blackening seasoning and I was all set. I didn't need anything too fancy for the Weber this time. Just hot, direct heat fire, only large enough to cook my fish. Mahi-Mahi, like any thin fish fillet, cooks fast. Just a couple minutes on each side and it's done. It's really tasty on it's own but I dressed it up with a little lime juice and added fresh mango salsa on the side. Bottom line: Mahi-Mahi=tasty-tasty.

1 comment:

  1. Bri, I didn't get a chance to vote on your last poll before it closed! I want to vote for the beer can chicken. I've seen in kitchen stores stands that are supposed to work like the beer cans. I want to know if this method is worth all the effort!

    ReplyDelete