Monday, September 6, 2010

2nd Annual Grill-a-thon

So even though I've been neglecting the blog recently, I'm not going to spend a lot of time writing about the 2nd Annual Grill-a-thon.  Just know that everything from the weather to the food and everything in between was just about perfect.  My only regret is that I was having so much fun, that I neglected shooting any pictures.  I managed to get just a few here and there. (actually most of these below were taken by my wife)

Couple of Pork Shoulders that Dad put on about 7am
The line up left to right: Mark's 22", Me at my 18", Dad's Genesis, Dad at his 22"
For lunch I put on a Bacon Wrapped Sausage Fatty stuffed with Cheddar Cheese
Later that afternoon, I roasted some sweet Onions right on the coals.
Later on the "Melted" Onions hung out in some butter and parsley on the Genesis next to some of Dad's potatoes.
The maiden voyage of Mark's Weber (Look how shiny!) saw Marinated Alligator Kabobs
Last grilling action my Weber saw for the day was a Trio of Chicken Drumsticks

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to see more pictures! Next year you need to hire a professional photographer (like a wedding) so you can focus on enjoying yourself - but still record everything for posterity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The secret to a scrumptious BBQ is the wood beneath the grill. Hickory o an apple tree would release the best taste potential of the meat.

    ReplyDelete